Music Makers is about having fun making music together, but there is also a strong teaching element. One parent commented,
“My child has learnt so much without even realising he was learning – he just thinks he’s having fun.”
There are many benefits to attending Music Makers. Your child takes part in an enjoyable, educational activity, in a calm and structured environment. He/she develops self-confidence, learns cooperation and a positive attitude towards others and is affirmed and encouraged in all his/her efforts.
Musically, your child will develop:
- Listening skills and the ability to differentiate between sounds.
- Rhythmic awareness.
- The ability to sing in tune and with confidence.
- The ability to understand musical concepts such as loud/soft, fast/slow, high/low.
- An understanding of simple notation and musical symbols.
- Respect for instruments and the ability to play percussion instruments with increasing control and sensitivity.
- An awareness of important composers of the past and a little of their music.
- A sense of pleasure and fun in music-making as part of a group.
- A love of music and an enthusiasm which, it is hoped, will lead him/her to pursue this interest at a later stage, by learning to play a musical instrument.